For one of my clients, I needed to develop a web service inside a windows service. Developing the windows service is fairly simple since I used WSE. I developed the web service so it used a soap.tcp procotol. When using a C# client, everything worked fine.
However, the client already developed a server component (let's call it broker) in C++ and gSOAP. When connecting to the web service via gSOAP (or any other 3rd party non-WSE method). One of the problems I walked into was:
WSE306: The DIME record should have the following version: 1. Instead, the DIME record contained the following version:
There are more people that are having this error, but no one seems to know the solution. So, I decided to convert the protocol to http by using the HTTP.SYS transport developed by Aaron Skonnard. This way, I was able to get more information on the error that occurred since I was able to see the exact data that was sent to the web service.
Now, I noticed that WSE was unable to send the message directly to the service, and therefore generated the exception mentioned above. The exact problem were the addressing headers. WSE requires WS-Addressing headers to be sent, but "normal" soap-messages do not contain these headers.
For gSOAP, the solution is fairly simple: read this article on how to enable WS-Addressing in gSOAP.
Now, I was able to add the required WS-Addressing headers. Finally, I was able to fix the strange (and until now unsolved) exception WSE306: FramingFormatException. It is simply because the WS-Addressing headers are missing!
The only thing for me to do now is to convert the protocol back to soap.tcp instead of http. However, the first results are bad: it seems that other tools are unable to communicatie using soap.tcp.