19. June 2010 15:14
This is an update to the old version of the CatenaLogic.Help namespace.
How to use
- Recompile the library from the provided source
- Put the HelpComponent on the main form of your application
- Run the application with helpprovider commandline parameter
- Use Ctrl+F1 to map help topics to controls. Remember about the hierarchy - you do not have to provide topics for all controls, it is sufficient to provide the topic for a container control and all its child controls inherit the mapping.
- Remember to provide a help file name (must be a *.chm file located beside the application main executable)
- When the mapping is complete, include the help.mapping file stored beside the application main executable as an embedded resource in one of assemblies
- Remove the help.mapping file located beside the application main executable
- Rebuild the application
Use of the Help Editor in a real-world application
(*) Help file now correctly handles empty keywords (so it is actually possible to remove topics)
(*) Refactored code
CatenaLogic.Help.zip (30.03 kb) [Downloads: 413]