4. February 2011 10:08
Recently, a new version of BlogEngine.NET was released. Since this was a major update, I had to consider the following things:
- Do you really want to support the custom theme?
It always took me a lot of time to customize the theme of the blog and make sure it was up-to-date with all the new features. Also, the text wasn’t very nice to read (pretty small), so the answer to this question is no. Let’s just use the standard theme, it will always be up-to-date.
- Do you really want to support all the extensions?
Not all of them, but since I write lots of topics about code, I really need to enhanced code display. But, what seems, this is now integrated into BlogEngine . So, up to the next thing, I really love the Detailed Download Counter, maybe because I wrote it myself, but I just want to track downloads so I know which downloads are successful. Therefore, I had to “convert” that one to the new format. I will soon post a new update on the counter.
Furthermore, I wanted to try out AdSense. I know it doesn’t work that well on a software development related blog, but I want to get acquainted with it, so I found the Adsense Injector extension. It doesn’t work for now, so I’ll take a look at it ASAP and post fixes if required.
Upgrading to the new blog (including uploading the files and checking into source control) took me about 1 hour, so I really recommend all BlogEngine users to upgrade!