6. March 2012 18:44
Today is a big day for Catel. The first official beta for version 3.0 has just been released!
Where to get it?
There are two ways of getting the latest release.
1) Download the setup package here, it will install the templates, code snippets, assemblies and docs (recommended)
2) Get the latest pre-release packages via NuGet
What to expect?
Recently, I wrote a blog post of what is coming in the new Catel 3.0 release. However, is is a short summary:
- New assemblies that are now the same for all target frameworks
- Non-generic views
- ViewModelLocator and ViewLocator
- FluentValidation extensions (available as a separate extension)
- and much more improvements!
Where are the new docs?
The latest documentation ships with the setup package as CHM file. However, you can also view the latest documentation here:
How to convert my current Catel application to 3.0?
We have written a guide which should explain all the stuff that you might walk into. If you feel that the guide is not up-to-date or incomplete, please let us know. You can find the guide here:
Where to report issues or feature requests?
We would love to hear from you. If you have any bugs, feature requests or whatsoever, please let us know in the discussion forums.